Saturday, January 11, 2014

Wallabies and Cookies

The kids kept me very busy. I got to explore more of the farm as well as get together with the other au pairs. We would often go for coffee at a fabulous restaurant called Riverstone that had a fantastic playground for the kids. We also had organized outings as a ground and one of them was going to feed wallabies. Archie and Emily loved it. They had no fear and Emily was bound and determined to feed every wallaby she could get to. It was super cute.

All the kids loved helping to bake but Emily especially loved it. A few times we made cookies together. The agency I was hired through gave me resource kits for the children and we ended up with dress ups and a tea set. Isla and Emily were thrilled when we all dressed up and had a tea party. Archie even became excited about the dress ups but he only sat down to tea party once. He wanted to put up "fence" for the cows while the girls played with the tea set.

On my days off I would go for walks out in the country side or create. I got back into drawn during my time here and did some great sketches. The dogs Mackey and Cody would often join me on my walks and were great company. The one walk I did which I think ended up being 8 km or so seemed to really tire Cody out. I was worried he was going to have a heart attack or something so I took breaks to let him catch his breath. It was so neat to see the sheep and newly born lambs on my walks. They would run from the fence as we got near. The scenery was also quite beautiful with rolling green hills and the snow capped mountains in the distance. It was very peaceful and serene after the month in the bust city of Melbourne.

















































No comments:

Post a Comment