Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Dunedin

I got placed with a new family who lived in Dunedin, just over an hour from Oamaru. The new family had one boy named Rory and were a younger couple. I felt a connection with them right away and felt that this family was a much better fit. Rory is a very creative and imaginative little boy. He loves playing with Lego, playing dress up, baking and crafting. He impressed me many times with e creative ideas he would come up with, things he would build out of Lego, stories he would make up and questions he would ask. He would ask me for reference pictures for Lego creations and kept me very busy with always asking why.

I loved his curiosity and would make regular trips to the library with him to find books on his latest interests so I could answer his questions. He was very interested in firemen and fire fighting, knights and pirates. Pirates became his biggest interest for the most part. I am sure we signed out every pirate book from the library. We would dress up as pirates, make pirate ships out of Lego, baked pirate ship cookies and have pirate sword fights. We even made an old pirate treasure map one afternoon. It was great to have the one on one time with Rory. I loved when we would have a movie and popcorn afternoon and he would snuggle with me. He is a very affection boy and loves hugs.

I got on very well with the parents as well. Hollie and I would often end up having 2-3 hour long chats in the evening over a cup of tea. I tagged along with her one day to a pole fitness class and we had a lot of fun. We made pizza together and watched a movie that night. I didn't get to spend too much time with Andy since I was there to fill in for him while he was in Perth for work. I did get to spend 2 weeks with him and Rory before he left. We both are born on the same day which is pretty cool. He is super great with Rory and such a passionate and sincere person. 


























No comments:

Post a Comment